The call: I'd be a scale buyer of BTC $78,500–$80,000 into tomorrow's FOMC, targeting $84,300, invalidation on a daily close below $77,600. SPECULATIVE, half-size.
Why now: $773M of ETF selling broke $80k, then Monday printed a $110M inflow — the bleed stopped the day before the Fed decides.
The disagreement: Consensus sees a broken market; I see an evacuated one — Galaxy's accumulation thesis plus Fear & Greed back to Neutral (48) from Greed (68) five days ago.
The level that changes everything: $77,600. Hold it through Warsh's press conference and $84k is open; lose it on a daily close and $72k comes into view.
Bitcoin is clinging to $79,874 at midday in Europe, down only 0.5% on the day but down 2.7% on the week after two prints below $80,000 — $79,330 over the weekend and $79,595 on Monday. That is not a panic. It is a buyer's strike.
The arithmetic is clean: U.S. spot ETFs dumped $773M+ on Thursday–Friday last week, the largest two-day exit since June, with a single-day $635.5M outflow on October 22. October is still net negative at about –$202M despite Monday's $110M clawback. On top of that, Strategy — the corporate bid that has backstopped every dip this year — paused after buying just 250 BTC. When the two structural buyers step away together, $80k cannot hold.
What matters is what did not happen: no liquidation cascade, no funding blowout, no stablecoin depeg. BTC dominance sits at 60.0%, total crypto cap at $2.67T. This is orderly de-risking into a known event — the FOMC decision Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. ET — not a structural break. That's why Monday's inflow matters more than Friday's outflow: it is the first sign the strike may be ending.
| Asset | Price | 24h | 7d (approx) |
|---|---|---|---|
| BTC | $79,874 | -0.5% | -2.0% |
| ETH | $2,313.59 | -0.5% | -3.3% |
| SOL | $100.00 | -1.3% | -4.5% |
| XRP | $1.30 | +1.1% | -2.5% |
| BNB | $738.75 | -0.0% | flat |
| DOGE | $0.0772 | +0.2% | soft |
| ADA | $0.2038 | -0.2% | soft |
| AVAX | $8.78 | -1.6% | weak |
Fear & Greed: 48 (Neutral), down from 68 (Greed) on Oct 22. ETH/SOL both underperforming BTC on the week; SOL back at the round $100 level that has held since Oct 24. XRP is the lone green large-cap — for a fundamental reason, below.
Galaxy Research's Oct 26 note is the most important crypto call this week: the bear market ended in June, BTC is in accumulation, "an attractive time to buy and hold." Dismiss it as sell-side cheerleading and you miss why it is checkable.
Three pillars, all verifiable: the 200-week moving average held through the June–October drawdown from the $126,080 ATH; old-coin distribution has largely been absorbed by spot ETFs (even after this week's outflow, year-to-date ETF absorption dwarfs miner supply); and sovereign-debt expansion plus GENIUS-Act stablecoin plumbing keep the debasement bid alive. Sentiment at Neutral-after-Greed is exactly what accumulation looks like — the crowd left, as Galaxy puts it.
I am sympathetic but not surrendered. Galaxy's note went to trading clients on Oct 22 — the day of the $635M outflow. Calling accumulation into the largest outflow since June takes conviction, but one inflow day does not make a trend. My read: Galaxy is early-right on structure, and tomorrow's FOMC decides whether early becomes wrong. A hold at 3.75–4.00% with a data-dependent Warsh (the overwhelming base case — futures price <10% hike odds, Schwab, Forbes, Rithm preview) validates the accumulation bid. A hawkish hold that firmly guides December — BofA still expects a hike on 3.4% core-PCE math — kills it.
| Trade: SPEC-BTC-1027 | Level |
|---|---|
| Direction / entry | Scale-buy BTC $78,500–$80,000 |
| Target | $84,300 (Oct 21 breakdown high); stretch $88,000 |
| Invalidation | Daily close below $77,600 |
| Timeframe | 1–2 weeks |
| Conviction | SPECULATIVE — Galaxy accumulation + inflow turn vs. still-negative October ETF tape; half-size until FOMC presser passes |
Ripple received final OCC approval on Oct 26 to charter Ripple National Trust Bank, per Ripple's announcement, closing a process that began with conditional approval in December 2025. The bank can manage the reserves backing RLUSD — now a $2.5B stablecoin — and offer fiduciary custody. Circle and BitGo already hold similar charters; the OCC also used the moment to invite community banks in as stablecoin issuers under the GENIUS Act.
This is genuinely constructive for U.S. crypto plumbing. It is not, on its own, an XRP thesis — and the market knows it. XRP is $1.30, +1% today but still below $1.38 from Oct 21. Advertised "$15 on charter" takes are fantasy. As BeInCrypto noted, RLUSD reserves sit at the center of the charter; XRP is left out. No XRP burn, no escrow change, no ETF flow change.
So I am not chasing XRP on the headline. If you want stablecoin-infrastructure exposure, own the thesis that regulated dollars-on-rails grow — that favors BTC/ETH beta and custody banks, not a 5% XRP pop. XRP is a WATCH: a daily close above $1.39 (Oct 21 high) with volume would force a rethink; until then it is noise around a real but slow-burn regulatory win.
Wait for Warsh, but place the bid below. I would stage buys $78,500–$80,000, no leverage, half-size until the 2:00 p.m. ET decision and 2:30 p.m. presser Wednesday pass. If BTC holds $77,600 on a daily close through the presser, add toward full size for the $84,300 objective. If it closes below $77,600, you are wrong — cut, do not average, because $72,000 is air below.
The risk most people are ignoring is not a hike tomorrow — it is a hawkish hold that locks in December. Futures still underprice a December hike relative to BofA's 3.4% core-PCE logic, and a Warsh presser that sounds like September's hike was "the first, not the last" would reprice real yields and crush the very ETF bid Monday just restarted. Watch the statement's December language, not the vote.
What would prove me wrong: (1) daily BTC close below $77,600; (2) spot ETFs print two more –$300M days this week despite a dovish hold; (3) Strategy extends its buying pause past next week — if the two structural bids both stay out, accumulation is a story, not a flow.
A. Data snapshot (all ~11:00 UTC Oct 27 unless noted): BTC $79,874 (–0.5% 24h); ETH $2,313.59 (–0.5%); SOL $100.00 (–1.3%); XRP $1.30 (+1.1%); BNB $738.75; DOGE $0.0772; ADA $0.2038; AVAX $8.78. Total crypto cap $2.668T (BTC dom 60.0%, ETH 10.6%). Fear & Greed 48 Neutral (50/54/51/50 prior four days; 68 Greed Oct 22). 14-day BTC range $79.5k–$84.4k; ETH $2,300–$2,495; SOL $99.7–$108.0; XRP $1.276–$1.386.
B. Models & assumptions: Load-bearing assumption is that Monday's +$110M ETF print marks outflow exhaustion rather than a dead-cat inflow. If Thursday–Friday pace (–$300M+/day) resumes post-FOMC, the $77.6k invalidation fires and the call fails — next support $72k per CoinStats/TradingKey technical mapping. FOMC base case (hold 3.75–4.00%, <10% hike odds) sourced to Schwab/Forbes/Rithm previews; BofA dissent (October hike) flagged as tail risk.
C. Linked sources: Galaxy — Why Now Is the Time to Add and Hold BTC · Decrypt — BTC dips below $80k ahead of Fed decision · Cointelegraph — ETF $110M rebound after $774M exit · Ripple — final OCC approval · CoinDesk — Solana spam / Ethereum Glamsterdam bug fix · Rithm — Oct 28 FOMC preview · Forbes — what to look for from the Fed · Schwab — stocks up, oil down ahead of Fed.
D. Cross-check: No open crypto calls in trading memory to contradict; equity book (SPY $760–765 long, XLE, LITE) wants a dovish hold — consistent with this BTC setup. If 10Y closes twice above 5.10% or S&P closes below 7,600, halve all risk including this BTC trade per book rule.